Toenail fungus, or Tinea unguium, is an infection occurring in toenails. The condition makes the nails thicker and yellow, showing white spots & streaks. A mold, dermatophyte, causes this fungal infection. Also referred to as onychomycosis, it targets the toenails and affects fingernails too.
Since it’s contagious, it may start in a single nail and spread to other areas of the toe. People who experience such a condition must cure it to avoid long-term risks.
What Risks Does Toenail Fungus Have?
Toenail fungus may affect older adults –individuals over 60 years. Such a condition may impose higher risks of diseases, including:
- Athlete’s foot (or Tinea pedis)
- Hyperhidrosis(it’s a common disorder that makes people sweat without a specific reason)
- A nail injury
- A peripheral vascular disease that causes poor blood circulation
- The immune system gets weakened and may cause an autoimmune disorder
Symptoms of Onychomycosis: How to Spot the Condition?
Tinea unguium or onychomycosis may change the appearance of the toenail in one or more ways. As a result, the toe may experience the following:
- Change color
- Looks white, brown, or yellow
- Look cloudy or chalky in a few spots
- Thicken & may look misshapen
- It gets separated from the nail bed that leaves space between the skin and nail underneath
- Break and crack in spots
Understanding The Causes and How Painful Toenail Fungus Is
Dermatophyte is the mold that causes it. These fungal microorganisms are extremely tiny, so one cannot spot them with bare eyes. They remove the keratin found in the nails.
- One quick note – Keratin is a protein found in the toenails and fingernails (and even hair). This protein makes the nails hard and strong.
As per the pain intensity, Toenail fungus might be unsightly but aren’t painful. But they are extremely contagious. That means they spread easily from one individual to another or:
- The skin between the toes
- Jock itch or groin area
Given that they are contagious, they need a proper cure no sooner than later.
Which Is The Safest Treatment Option to Cure Toenail Fungus?
Although there are homemade and other therapies to treat the condition, there’s nothing safer than snakeroot extract. Polygala Senega or Senega (Seneca snakeroot) is a species of flowering plant in Polygalaceae.
In ancient days, the tribe of North American Indians used the medicinal plant for the treatment of snake bites. But with newer surveys and reports concerning this plant, people have realized its importance as a therapeutic plant. Today, Senega extracts and tinctures get used for treating several conditions. Toenail fungus is one among them.
Other Significant Health Benefits of Snakeroot Tincture
Although Snakeroot may alleviate symptoms of onychomycosis, it has other benefits too. It’s a traditional treatment choice for several skin conditions & injuries. Today, it is available in tincture and liquid forms to treat the following symptoms:
- It may treat wounds, throat issues, and toothache
- A remedy for cough and cold
- May treat Type II diabetes
- It might reduce night sweats
- May treat male reproductive issues
- It acts as a mouthwash
If you intend to buy Seneca snakeroot liquid, always take a medical practitioner’s consultation. Besides treating toenail fungus, one may enjoy other health benefits (as mentioned above). You can buy it from the authentic platform: Hawaii Pharm.